Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change to mac...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
batousai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: change to mac... Reply with quote

hey guys... well i know this is not a pc forum but i know if you can help me you will.
i wish to know what do you need to install a OS from Mac or Solaris, i have a disc from solaris 10 (anyway it was free) because i want to have a pc with mac or solaris, but it happen it says something about x32, x64 or something. maybe i'm making a mistake or something but... do you need a special computer to install it or you can install windows linux solaris or mac on any computer?

Thanks again...
see you in unreal

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
][c1][GAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mac os can only be installed on a mac far as i know.

Solaris i dont know about , but to install a different os you would have to format and partision the hard drive for different os.

You would loose every thing on your pc all files and games.

I would sugest you get another hard drive to put it on.

But first learn more about solaris 10 before you try to use it or install it.

I think you need an old pc to play arround with it on first before you install it on your good pc.

Chaptor1 MH unreal://24.95.91.79:7777
Chaptor1 MH2 unreal://24.95.91.79:7767
zp|Chaptor1 UT99 instagib mapvote #2 unreal://24.95.91.79:7787
Chaptor1 Bunny Track unreal://24.95.91.79:7757
Chaptor1 MH2GOLD NW3 unreal://24.95.91.79:7227
Chaptor1-Sniper-Deathmatch unreal://24.95.91.79:7747
http://www.chaptorone.net
batousai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have like 3 or 4 pcs and a lot of hard drives, my brother have a lot and yes i tried to install Solaris, I formatted and partitioned the hard drive but it says something about x32 or x64
I heard something about Mac on Mac computers too... to bad
and i have a little experience about installing again windows and format and partitioning but when i downloaded the Solaris and tried to install it...nope.

Thanks for your help GAB
O if you guys need something translated from Spanish to English or vice versa I would be happy to help I know Spanish and a little of English

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned, a Mac-based OS can be installed on a Intel-based PC. In other words, dual booting with Windows and Mac is possible.

This sorta reminds me of the time me and a friend of mine were toying around with this old, 1998 PC. Since the hard drive was damaged the only thing we could do was use a RAM-based Linux install. We used DSM (Damn Small Linux) as a primary OS until the hard drive was replaced. We then installed Windows 98 and tried various stuff like my friend would put old games like GTA3 on it to see if it would work as a decent server. I wanted to try overclocking the CPU and case mod the thing, but we got rid of it before we had the chance to do stuff like that. Would have been fun since I got that PC for free.
batousai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i made a mod once but it doesn't look like i wish... i painted with silver paint but when it was drying it fell on the grass LOL I had hope to put some lights and transparent plastic but after that i have no more time I know i will mod again but i am waiting to made a big masterpiece

][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Batousai,
Sorry for a late reply. I have a mac, a G5 that is 3 years old, and unless I get Virtual PC installed, that would be the only way I could run windows, through that Virtual partition. The newer macs have a dual OS system, using the intell chips, and you have to shut down one OS and reboot into the other OS, say Mac to Windows. Mac OS ,I think will only work on Mac computers, as it is based on the unix computer language. The components, say video cards, are made especially for macs, more expensive too. Can't use the PC cards in a mac. I have heard of pc's being able to use virtual pc in reverse to run macs on a pc, dual platform, but I have no experience with it. Hope this helps.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
batousai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info GIMP

Feir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac OSX leopard Has a program called Boot Camp, what Boot Camp does, is Partition your harddrive without deleting everything on it, so say you want to install windows xp, and you have a 250gig drive, you use bootcamp to make a 30gig partition that doesnt wipe out the mac os. There has been no talk of selling it to Mac OSX Tiger users (myself) because we have intell chip macs. Unfortunantly I've heard nothing about Mac on a PC and virtual desktop programs suck. When dealing with the linux/unix universe, as the others said, you want an old junk pc to play around on. I havent tried playing around yet because i have no junk pc. BUT From the sounds of it, and im probably not correct, it sounds like solaris is having an issue with your processer chip, 32 bit, or 64 bit processer. Thats as far as i can guess with what you've mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
My son-in-law told me that the new boot camp for macs will only run the last 2 Windows OS, not any later ones. Just thought I would add this.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
Feir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know who would want vista, But Anything Pre XP just isnt worth the install anyway, With maybe the exception of Windows 2000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Batousai, and Feir,
I just ran across this ad from SmithMicro Software called VMWARE-FUSION.
smithmicro@reply.digitalriver.com
1-no re-booting
2-play excelerated 3D graphic games and Direct X8.1 in virtual XP
3-boot camp friendly
4-32 or 64 bit operational support
5-must have Mac OSX 10.4.9 or later
6-save windows applications to mac desktop
7-turn back time in PC to get back operating system before a problem occurred
This program is $59.00 in Canada with a mail in rebate. Sounds like the way to go, hope this helps. Contact them by email or google them.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
batousai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: