Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance Thread - Take your guesses!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Performance Thread - Take your guesses! Reply with quote

Alright guys/girls/whatevers, it's time to take your guesses as to what the requirements would be for UT2007 to run smoothly. I'll start out with mine...

Ok, now that that's out of the way. Performance seems to be a pretty big worry as far as the UT2007 community is concerned, myself included. What I'm guessing is that the bare minimum to actually run UT2007 would be a 2.8 Ghz processor with 512MB of RAM and a Radeon 9600 class video card. I can't see it being any higher than that given the game's engine was being developed on 2004 era hardware. If the minimum specs are something as ludacris like a 6800 class video card being the bare minimum to actually run it smoothly, then I can't see this game being a success as all! If that was to happen, we would have a UT2003 all over again, which is something I'm hoping will not happen. Although I know Epic employee and engine designer Tim Sweeney said it will run well on a 6800 class video card. I have my doubts on that fact given that UT2003 was supposed to run on a Geforce 1 class card, which it didn't (if it did, it wouldn't have ran it smooth at all!).

Another thing that percks me is if it doesn't run decently on a X800 or 6800 class video card, I'd hate to shell out another grand on another new system. I just built my system less than a year ago using the highest end hardware of that time and I'd be damned if it didn't run smoothly at at least mediam settings. This goes for everyone that did at the near same time as me, I know some forumers here have built new systems about a couple months ago and I know I'd be pissed off aswell if UT2007 didn't run smoothly on any of those systems.
][c1][chevelle-ss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting

sounds like I should go buy whole new comp for this game lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, it is HIGHLY recommenced to have ATLEAST 2 gigs of ram.

this game will also fully lean on duo core processors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, hence why my next PC will utilize the new quad core CPUs coming out (Intel already released one to my knowledge, AMD won't until later this summer or so).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: