Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General UT2007 Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: General UT2007 Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Discuss ideas, wish-lists, and info concerning UT2007 here. I'll start churning out a list of stuff sooner or later...
bobster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coming in rOCTBER.....OH YEAH
][c1][Brass_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw, it looks really good....cant wait! It probably wont be as good as UT99 but everyone except us few are leaving 99! Is it me or do the weapons look huge on 2007?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda doubt UT2007 is coming out in October. Epic never said a thing concerning a release date other then sometime in early 2007. Plus judging from the content I've seen thus far, it looks incomplete in more areas then we know...

As for weapon size, the size is probably not permenant. They did the same thing when UT2003 was in beta stage. They do this to moniter weapon detail while in-game, in this case it's probably for stuff like normal mapping and whatnot.
bobster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive already preordered it thru gogamer and ship daye is oct 4 2006
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Epic clearly stated that UT2007 will be done "When it's done". They have no info regarding when it will be complete. That release date is pure speculation i'm afraid.
Ex-re4m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Games by no means would have stated that date for the release is October 2006. Unreal Tournament 2007 (Envy) still has a few development issues that have be worked on. Single player mode seems to be nearly perfect with its next-generation Artificial Intelligence technology but online-play is a little harder to conquer. You can only imagine what the promise of 64-simultaneous players could stand for. Besides, Epic Games is currently working on the Unreal Engine 4 [next-next-gen]. With no further details, I can guarantee to anyone with a decent computer and a graphic card this game will rock your world. The fans of the old and the new unite in one huge battle for their survival in the dark ages of the technological empire.
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have about Unreal Engine 4. I'm wondering as to how far they can go with this graphics stuff, I can only imagine...
Ex-re4m

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors can sound so beautiful that people simply get lost in their blasphemy (for the lack of better word). Though my resources do not allow me to disclose any specific information about the engine, I am able to say that Epic Games are in fact working on it right now as I’ve already mentioned earlier. I am also going to comment on the Graphics portion of your reply and simply argue that sometimes you have to stop thinking about graphics and start thinking about the rules at which the engine should work. Such rules may include physics and artificial intelligence which ads more realism to the game itself, and considering that the UE3 is only being put to use recently for the next-generation games it gives the developers much more time to work on the next version and rework some of the things that have been misplaced in the past. No more comments about the engine to follow.
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, in any case I'm looking forward to both Unreal Engine 4 and whatever games will be made with it.

Now as far as Unreal Engine 3 and UT2007 is concerned, my main worry is if it will run decently on a system like mine. I can run today's games at max settings just fine, but with all these rumors going around saying you will need top-of-the-line parts to run the game smoothly, that kinda makes me a tad worried (I've heard stuff like a X800-class graphics card won't be enough to run the game at anything above minimum settings, which is what card I own) . But then again, I know Epic Games knows how to optimize their engines pretty damn well, so I'm probably worrying over nothing.
Ex-re4m

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are able to run the latest video games on maximum settings you should have no problems running Unreal Tournament 2007. It is true however that a more powerful machine will be required to achieve best results from the game.
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear, guess I was worried over nothing then.
bobster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theinquirer.org/default.aspx?article=32327
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! At least we can hope if the demo comes out before next year, but I seriously doubt that.
stupefyin jones

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be too illiterate-sounding, but what will the minimum reqs be for 2007? Anyone know?

My box is adequate for most games:
Radeon 9250
3g Athlon cpu
1 g RAM
WindozeXP os

Some new games are a bit much for me already, but I can play F.E.A.R. and HL - type stuff all right at fairly low settings, and UT2K4 runs great on my box.

Will I need nVidia? Or is ATI okay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: