Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's ready for Nov. 19th?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Who's ready for Nov. 19th? Reply with quote

I am, having pre-ordered UT a couple weeks ago, I'm sooo gonna be the first one to pick it up! Judging from the german release (Which the game is already released in Germany), it's looking to be pretty damn good.
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy yesterday, the collecter's edition. I must say, this is probably the best UT game made thus far! The beta demo doesn't do this game justice in any way possible. Great death match levels as well as CTF ones (Including a Coret and Hydro16 remake). Well worth every penny, and I'm surprised that it actually runs smoother than the demo, even with the high resolution textures.

Anyone else got it yet?
][c1][GAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know it was out.

Chaptor1 MH unreal://24.95.89.25:7777
Chaptor1 MH2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7767
zp|Chaptor1 UT99 instagib mapvote #2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7787
Chaptor1 Bunny Track unreal://24.95.89.25:7757
Chaptor1 MH2GOLD NW3 unreal://24.95.89.25:7227
Chaptor1-Sniper-Deathmatch unreal://24.95.89.25:7747
http://www.chaptorone.net
Feir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I dont think i'll be getting it for a while. Jake May be impressed, But I dont like the weapons, at all.I dont think it's nearly balanced enough.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's mostly because I've been playing way too much UT2004 in the past. And while it was good, the flaws of the game really killed it for me, and this game remedies most of those issues pretty well. I don't see how the weapons aren't balanced enough, I know that some tweaks were added to the balance, like the Stinger isn't so overly-powerful, and the Flak Cannon's arc is a little better. So yeah, I'll admit the beta wasn't as balanced as the retail product.

I'll go the extra mile to say it's much more balanced than UT99's weapons, it's less hitscan dominant and is much easier to kill now. With the removal of the Shield Gun, players won't be running off to find health with their shield out (Which I found to be highly annoying!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament 3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: