Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UT99 on Mac.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: UT99 on Mac. Reply with quote

I know a few c1'ers here use a Mac to play UT99, so I have a few questions to ask. Is it possible to install UT99 with the CD I use to install it on Windows PC's? I know some games require a certain copy of the game to install on Macs, and some don't (Quake 3 for example). I ask this because I have a Mac laptop that hasn't been used much since we got it, and i'd like to have it installed on the laptop so I can play it on the go.

Another question that comes to mind, are there any graphical glitches or hardware-specific things I need to keep in mind? I know the laptop has a dual-core CPU and the works. But is there like any in-game errors like broken sound effects and stuff (Quake 3 on the laptop has a lag when sound is played, and the menu is totally buggy, but im sure UT99 doesn't have that kind of problem on Macs).
][c1][Brass_Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so Jake. I tried puting UT on my Stepfathers Mac and couldn't figure out how to (neither could he). I know its not cross platform, so I think you might have to buy one for the Mac. Maybe Gimp can burn his copy and send it to you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jake,
Maybe I can help. You will need to get the Mac version for your lap top to begin with. Now comes the second part, what is the OS number for your operating system? I had OS 9 when I first started UT99, and that worked quite well, fast. Then OS 10 came out, and a separate version of UT99 was written for it. When they converted UT99 to OS 10, they did leave out some stuff, like a favorites section, but minor stuff. I uploaded 436 for OS 10, and basically thats it.I don't have a lot of extras, but the basics are there. Hope this helps and gives you the chance to play on a classy machine-LOL.
Gimp 8)

YOU BE GIMPERISED
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again,
In answering one of your questions, for the most part, everything works great, no glitches. But, when some maps are modified, you will get the boot now. I don't know if this is mac related, as I have heard of pc's with similar problems at times, time out, etc. Ther are no fancy editing or mod making programs for the mac, just bare bones to play.
You will still have fun on it.
Gimp :D

YOU BE GIMPERISED
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gimp!
I'm pretty sure it has OS 9. Good to hear their isnt any nasty buggers on the Mac version. I'm fine without the UnrealEd and the other stuff on the laptop, but it's still nice to know the game is pretty good on Mac.
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I checked it and it's using OS9.
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am not mistaken, there may be a free download for ut99 for OS9. Like I said, I found it to run a little faster on OS9. Then get the mods and up dates for it on one of the ut sites, like Planetunreal, etc. Good luck with it.

YOU BE GIMPERISED
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked around, all I could find was the UT Demo for Mac. Unless thats what I need and just have to patch it up.
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the ut99 full version to play on line, as the demo only had deicated 2 or 3 servers to play on. If you can't find one, I could burn you a disk and mail it to you.

YOU BE GIMPERISED
iPOWER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using ut99 on mac os x..plays ok....no music sounds though

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi iPower,
I use OS10 as well to play UT99, although I used to play it on OS9, which was fine. The OS10 version was done by a lady who only programmed UT99 to play bare bones. I guess because it was a lot of hard work, and she volunteered to do this, so I am told.There are a couple of things I can't do, one is to save my favorite IP sites in the "favorites column". Also we can't use the Ventrilo, which allows the team to communicate with each other while playing. Ut 2004 has that all built in on the mac version. For sound, I get the shots, explosions, die bitch stuff, and the jim Carey sayings, can't remember about music though, now that you mention it. These guys are great here for techie stuff, and sure have helped me along the way. I am not that great on the workings of the computer :( . Nice playing with you past night, lots of fun.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
iPOWER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice playing with you too

when i have the laptop at home i just use the mx1000 to play on...so i can save favorites and stuff

going to get some more recent pics soon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy,
You have my wife's set up. She has a 2005 G4 power book, and the same icurve stand you have. My grandson plays on her machine when he comes over, both of us on ut99 together, as we have an airport station set up. I have a 1.8 dual G5 tower set up, and it is fast. I have a 64 meg card but I will be upgrading to a 256 down the road. Macs are great machines. I used to have pc's, but for the last 6 years I have had macs. I like to get into movies and albums for archiving to dvd's. I have lots to learn yet, not enough time though. Take care.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
iPOWER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love macs always new stuff to learn and i love my dashboard!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe I am a noobie with the Panther OS ? My son in law is a graphic artist and works with pc's and macs. He is my teacher and problem solver. I like the widgets you can get, but I haven't tried much out lately. I did a movie last year using Tiger and ilife 05, so now I have to learn the ilife 06.
I love the mac operating system, no viruses or Windows temperment. I don't think I will get the new mac that has windows on it, not because of windows, but wifey would string me up cause of all the money I have spent so far-LOL. Take care. Hey, you must live near Fly4u, as he is in Houston.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: