Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UT99 Performance issue.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: UT99 Performance issue. Reply with quote

For some very odd reason, I can't seem to go over 60 FPS anymore. I used to get up to 120 FPS, but now it seems that it doesnt want to go any higher then that. I didn't update my drivers, and this only happens on-line. This started happening today and im wondering if Frag*Ball is the culprit because I installed it today so I don't have to download it off the server.

I'm using an enhanced OpenGL driver with the latest ATI Catalyst drivers, I haven't fooled around with any display driver settings nor any OpenGL settings. I play UT99 with maxed out settings at 1024x768 screen resolution with S3TC textures and 4x Anti-Aliasing and 2x Antistoptic filtering. This problem first occured on Unreal Gold on-line (I can't seem to get past 45 FPS on that game) and it now started to happen on UT99. Anyone have a clue as to why this has been happening?
][c1][GAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dont know why it should be that low of fps. Does IrE have same problem?? If not try removing Frag Ball.

Chaptor1 MH unreal://24.95.89.25:7777
Chaptor1 MH2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7767
zp|Chaptor1 UT99 instagib mapvote #2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7787
Chaptor1 Bunny Track unreal://24.95.89.25:7757
Chaptor1 MH2GOLD NW3 unreal://24.95.89.25:7227
Chaptor1-Sniper-Deathmatch unreal://24.95.89.25:7747
http://www.chaptorone.net
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to fix this issue by deleting the Unreal Tournament .INI file. Athough that fixed UT99, it didnt fix the FPS issue with Unreal Gold, which is much more severe. However, that's a different story altogether. :)

IrE did not have this issue GAB, from what i've read high-end AMD CPU's have this issue with all Unreal Engine 1 based games. There are many ways to fix it, but many rely on having to fool around with the BIOS, which im not going to touch. So, I suppose it had to do with my AMD CPU, but I fixed it so all is good for now.
[C|H|3|Z]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Jake
I know why. It's my mistake and i'll correct the issue. Its a fix i am developing for UT that isn't up to par yet. I'll take it off the server until it's working right and notify the few other people that i know of who have been on there when it was running and will need to set it back as well.
You need open Options in UT and go to Network and choose lan, t1, cable, dial-up which ever. You only have to do it once. I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused you. Tell your Dad he needs to do it as well.
Other people who need to do this are:

Anyone who's been on the mod server in the last 3 days,
Those I know of:
GAB
toe
OIC
Maggot

I'll pm each of them. If you know of anyone else who's been on there in the last 3 days, they need to set their netspeed. Not too many people have been on as i've been wrestling with getting these two main mods to coiside with each other and had it down alot of the time. Sorry again guys.
~Ch3z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read your post again, Jake. What I just said will only apply to you if you actually joined the mod server to play Frag*Ball. I am pretty sure you must have cause that's the exact effect this would have on you. But Frag*Ball wouldn't cause that in and of itself. It was my poopy mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again ppl ...
iv had that prob b4 , it seems that when u add a mod or something itll ask if u want some files if ur not carful it can mess up u ini 's to the game some r small and might change the ini file that in that works so bcarefull .
so some u might want to say no to!

i learned that the hard way rofl
later

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .INI file it will ask to copy is called Manifest.INI. It's a file that's used for servers so that it will allow people to download the mod off the server or FTP(In other words, it contains the needed ServerPackages lines). That only happens if you manually install a mod and it comes with it.
Naruto_VII

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try turning off your vsync.
My frame rate went from 50 to 150 after that lol.
But UT server r still choppy like hell ahhaa
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, turning on that feature fixed the issue. The main reason why it did that is because of my CPU, which is too high-end for the old game.
][c1][Brass_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old games rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Brass, alot of the older games like Doom, Quake, Unreal, and a lot of Nintendo 64 games were extremely good. I wish I still had my Nintendo 64.
][c1][Brass_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im an old school Quake 2 player. I really miss it. People still play though as do I. I will never stop playing Quake 2 or UT 99 because there hasent been a game made yet that is better in my opinion! I will play UT99 even if only 1 person still plays cause ut 2003 and 2004 dont even come close to the greatness that 99 has!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh man! Quake 2 was awsome back in the days of 1997! I got Quake 4 a couple months ago that came with a bonus DVD containing Quake 2 and it's expansion packs. I've never played any of the expansion packs so it would be worth installing for nostalgic reasons.
[C|H|3|Z]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i played the orignal Quake last year or so. Man, I could barely make out what i was looking at hehehhe and that was the game that made me say, "SHIT! This pc game stuff is goin on now! I'm gonna get into this!" when it first came out. hehehe I didn't realize how far it had come since that until i played Quake again.

If you played Quake when it first came out and remember how exciting it was, hehehehe keep that in mind and play the demo again.
http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake/index.php?game_section=demo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the first Quake on the N64, I haven't played that classic in over 8 years now. I remember playing multiplayer against my friends all the time, good ol days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: